This site is still a work in progress.
DLC Files are missing or corrupt
This can happen when files become corrupted. To resolve this issue you need to verify your files.
For the steam version of GTA, you can verify the files by:
- Go onto your games library on steam
- Find Grand Theft Auto V on your steam library and right click it.
- Click Properties
- Go to the “local files” tab on the top
- Click “verify integrity of game files”
This should check your files and download/re-download missing/corrupt files. If you do this and it doesn’t find anything, Select “Browse local files” delete “GTAVLauncher.exe” then verify again.
For the Rockstar version of GTA you can verify the files by:
- Hit "Start", "Run", and type "cmd" without the quotes. Hit enter.
- Type "cd c:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto V" without the quotes in the cmd window that pops up. Hit enter.
Note: If you have installed GTA in a different directory enter that instead. If you have it on a different drive letter. Change the drive by typing the drive letter and colon then entering it first.
- Type "GTAVLauncher.exe -verify" in this window (no quotes again) and hit enter.